Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Zucchini Bread

Well, I gave away/ate all the bread before I had the chance to take a picture. But the recipe is from a cookbook that my Great Grandfather created after my Great Grandmother passed away. It contains all her favorite recipes. So this has a very special place in my heart. I don't know where she got this recipe, but it makes a great bread!

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs (beat with a fork)
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2" peeled, finely grated zucchini squash
3 tsp vanilla - Beat
1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups flour, sift into above
add 1 cup nuts (I didn't)
Greased tins, 325 degrees, 1 hr

This made me 4 large mini-loaves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look here

Thistlemoon said...

I love zucchini bread - it is defiantly a recipe from the older generation! My grandmother and great aunts all had their versions as well!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!