Monday, February 4, 2008

Chicken 'n Dumplings



I love chicken 'n dumplings. I would eat this every week if my husband let me. This is what I order at Cracker Barrel, and this recipe is my attempt at remaking it. The original recipe comes from the Bisquick box, but I modified it. The recipe below is my version.
Chicken 'n Dumplings
1 small rotisserie chicken
1 1/3 cupe Bisquick (I used Heart Smart)
6 tbsp 1% milk
salt & pepper
1 or 2 cans chicken broth (depends on how "soupy" you like it)
Boil chicken broth. Add rotisserie chicken to reheat chicken. In the meantime, mix bisquick mix and milk to create a dough. Roll out the dough and cut into small strips. Set each strip in the chicken and broth mix - be careful not to splash! Cook until the dumplings look done. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This takes me about 5-10 minutes, and is wonderful. Enjoy!

No comments: