Thursday, February 7, 2008

Penne Alla Vodka


Amisdt my husband and I trying to cut back on our grocery spending, we have decided to meal plan and buy our groceries specific to the meals we want to create. While browsing other blogs to find new meals to make, I found this Penne Alla Vodka recipe from Telly's Tasty Tidbits. It looks simple and delicious, and let me tell you it is. I didn't have all the ingredients on hand, so I changed it up a bit. To see the original recipe, click the link above. This is my version:

Penne Alla Vodka

-26 oz tomato sauce
-1/2 cup heavy cream
-1/2 vodka
-1/2 cup of "pizza" shredded cheese (this is what's it is called in my store, it is actually a mix of mozzerella, parmesan and something else..)
1 box penne noodles

-Cook noodles while preparing sauce

-For the sauce, bring tomato sauce and vodka to a simmer in a sauce pan. Once bubbly, add in the cream and let simmer. Once bubbly, add in the cheese and let simmer. Once bubbly, add the cooked pasta and stir together. I added a little bit of parsley at the end also. It is so good and so easy. Enjoy!

No comments: