Monday, February 4, 2008

Chicken Parm


I'm a *huge* chicken parm fan, so when I saw this recipe from "The Foodie Fashionista" I knew I had to try it. I must say, it is the best I have had yet - I even got a high five from the husband. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

Chicken Parmesan
(I am copying the recipe straight from her page)

4 (4 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs(OR 1 cup quick cooking oats instead of breadcrumbs and panko to stay core)
non-stick cooking spray
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1 cup fat-free shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Pour egg in a large flat bowl. Mix breadcrumbs and panko together in second large flat bowl (or oatmeal if following core). Dip one chicken breast in the egg and then dredge through the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat for each chicken breast.Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Spray each side of chicken cutlets lightly with cooking spray. "Fry" each cutlet on each side just until the breading starts to brown and crisp up slightly.Place cutlets on a baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Spray reverse side when you flip the cutlets. After 25 minutes, spread about 2 tablespoons sauce over each cutlet and sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over each. Bake until cheese is melted.
Yields 4 servings.
WW info:core: 1 point (for breadcrumbs; 0 if use sub with oatmeal)
flex: 6 points

As you can see, I served this along side spaghetti. I hope you enjoy this one as much as we did!


No comments: