Tuesday, September 9, 2008

TWD: Chocolate Whopper Malted Drops

I have to admit, I was very skeptical of this weeks recipe. Rachel from Confessions from a Tangerine Tart chose Chocolate Whopper Malted Drops. I immediately thought "well crap, I hate whoppers!" When I was telling my husband about this recipe, he got super excited - turns out he LOVES whoppers. So, for the sake of TWD and my husband, I bought the whoppers and got cracking on the recipe.


Reviews:

ME- I thought they were just okay. I would have preferred them without the whopper pieces, because they kind of caramalized in the cookie. The cookie was nice and cake-like and had great chocolate flavor, I just wasn't in love with the whopper chunks.

HUSBAND- He loved them. Really, really loved them!


Head over to Tuesdays with Dorie to check out all the entries for the week!

11 comments:

Lori said...

oh the sacrifices we make for our loved ones. :) i liked them even though the whoppers became a little like toffee, but i know lots of people weren't crazy about them.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

With Halloween around the corner, I'm definitely hanging on to this cookie idea... especially when I can snag some candy on clearance once the trick or treating days pass!

Teanna DiMicco said...

Hahaha glad the hubby loved them and sorry you didn't love them so much! I wasn't much of a fan, either!

Christine said...

These were a huge hit in my house. Glad your husband enjoyed them. Great job!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

We had the same thing going on here. I thought they were kind of meh, but Jeff wants more. Must appeal to that Y chromosome. ;)

~Kimberly said...

Great job! My husband loved these as well!

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

I'm with ya! Leave out the WHOPPERS!

Pamela said...

I'm glad you made them, and I'm sure your husband was, too. They look pretty tasty.

The Food Librarian said...

These look great! I'm glad your husband liked them. Perhaps you will like next week's cookie.

betty geek said...

I just made some ice cream sandwiches and inhaled them. So friggin good! But I know some ppl were not fans either. Oh well.

Zoe said...

I totally agree, the cookie was awesome...if you just leave out those silly Whoppers!