Tuesday, August 12, 2008

TWD: Blueberry Sour Cream Ice Cream

This week, Dolores of Chronicles in Culinary Curiosity chose Blueberry Sour Cream Ice Cream. (Click on her page to see the recipe) I was soo excited because I have been wanting to make my own ice cream for a long time. I'm an ice cream fanatic... my nights just don't feel right if I don't end them with a scoop... *maybe that explains why I've packed on the pounds ;) * Anyway, I've had my mom's Kitchen Aid ice cream maker attachment sitting in my freezer cooling down for weeks - just waiting for the perfect opportunity to make ice cream. Well, this was it. And on a hot August day - who doesn't want blueberry ice cream?


Well, I'm sorry to say this, but I flat out hated this ice cream. My first attempt resulted in a blender catastophe - I had blueberry mess *all* over my counters. Then, once I finally got it whipped up a second time and tasted it - I thought it was awful. Honestly, all I could taste was the sour cream. I even added lots of extra sugar, and that didn't help. What a bummer. But be sure to head over to Tuesdays with Dorie to see how everyone else made out!
I'll be in the Outer Banks next week on vacation, but I'm still going to try to make the next recipe: Granola Grabbers.

4 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

The ice cream sounds wonderful but I'm sorry that you didn't like it. :( I do have to say the color is beautiful though!

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Sorry you were dissapointed:( Next weeks should be better!

Pamela said...

Sorry that you didn't like it. It did look good, though. Have a great vacation!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

I was wondering whether this one would taste like sour cream. Blech. On to the cookies!