Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lego my Eggo!




I love waffles! No seriously, I loooove them. But - I've only had eggo. I've never made my own. So, when I saw that Katie from Good Things Catered had a recipe, I had to make them. They are very good - a classic and fluffy waffle.




Basic Waffles
From Good Things Catered (she got it from Joy of Cooking)

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 large eggs, well beaten
8 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted (use 4 Tbsp for reduced fat and 16 Tbsp for the crispiest most delicious waffles ever)
1 1/2 cup milk


Directions:

-In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
-In another bowl whish together eggs, butter and milk.
-Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
-Gently whisk them together with a few strokes (The batter should have a pebbled look, similar to muffin batter)
-If you wish, fold in about 1/2 cup of mix in of choice.
-Spoon 1/2 cup of batte (or the amount recommended by waffle iron manufacturer) on hot iron
-Bake until golden brown


I have an awesome industrial waffle iron, and this made me 5 waffles.


Enjoy!

No comments: