Friday, October 26, 2007

WW Meatballs



I got this recipe from Brenna's Bistro blogspot, and she got it from the January 1997 edition of the Cooking Light magazine.


These are just so good, my first ever attempt at meatballs!


Ingredients:

1.5 pounds ground round

1/4 cup finely shredded fresh parmesan cheese

1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs

1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley

1/4 cup tomato sauce

1 tsp dry mustard (I omitted this)

3/4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (I omitted this)

2 garlic cloves, crushed (I used garlic salt)

cooking spray


Preheat oven to 400F.

Combine all ingredients except cooking spray in a bowl and stir well. Shape mixture into 1.5 inch meatballs. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking soray. Bake at 400 degress for 15 minutes of until done.


I halved this recipe and it made about 15 meatballs. We put them on honey wheat sub rolls, covered them in tomato paste/italian seasoning and sprinkled with shredded mozzerela cheese. SO GOOD! I highly recommend.


Each meatball has 1 WW point!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I made these last night - they were excellent!