Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hot Spiced Apples with Dulce de Leche Ice Cream


Well, this recipe is compliments of Rachel Ray, but I modified it greatly. My changes are in red.


Hot Spiced Apples with Dulce de Leche Ice Cream


2 Golden Delicious Apples, cored and chopped (I used Honeycrisp apples, since thats what I had)

1/2 lemon, juiced

1/4 cup light brown sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Pinch freshly grated nutmeg (I omitted, because I couldn't find it!)

Pinch salt

3 tablespoons unsalted butter

2 to 3 tablespoons dark rum (I omitted)

1 pint dulce de leche ice cream (I used light cool whip to decrease ww points!)


In a medium bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Melt the butter in a meduim skillet over medium-high heat. Add the apple mixture and cook until apples are saucy and softened, about 5 minutes. Carefully add the rum and cook another minute.


Divide ice cream among 4 bowls and top with hot apples.


My way, WW: 5 points

No comments: