3/4 cup shortening
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tsps vanilla
1 cup flour
1 1/4 tsps cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda (I used 1/2 tsp)
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 cups quick oats
1 cup peeled diced apple
3/4 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease cookie sheet.
2. Combine shortening, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
3. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
4. Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, soda and nutmeg in a small bowl and mix into creamed mixture until just blended.
5. Stir in oats, apples and raisins.
6. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
7. Bake for 13 minutes or until just set.
8. Cool for a minute or 3 on cookie sheets and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.