Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lettuce Wrap Chicken Satay

I haven't been blogging much - we've been making "regulars" and trying to watch our waist lines. I've started South Beach Diet, so my recipes (should) be pretty low carb from here on out. This recipe I found at allrecipes.com. The directions call for putting this chicken on skewers and serving that way, we decided to but into chunks and turn it into a lettuce wrap. Also, in order to serve my husband and I dinner, plus me for lunch the next day - I tripled the recipe. Here is the original recipe.

Chicken Satay
Source: All Recipes

Ingredients:
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 TBSP light soy sauce
salt & pepper

Peanut Sauce:
1 1/2 TBSP trans-fat free peanut butter
1/4 TSP garlic powder
1/2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
1/4 packet sugar substitute
1 1/2 TBSP water
sprinkle of cayenne pepper to taste

Directions:

1. To make peanut sauce: Place the ingrendents in a bowl and stir well. Microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Pound chicken breasts between pieces of plastic wrap to a uniform thickness. Rub each breast with about 1 TBSP of light soy sauce. Then season both sides of each breast with a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Place in a skillet and grill a couple minutes per side. Remove and cut into strips or cubes and thread onto skewers. Dip into peanut sauce and enjoy.

This was very different for my husband and I, but we both enjoyed it very much. I hope you do too!

No comments: