Monday, April 14, 2008

Crockpot Chicken



I have been wanting to cook a whole chicken for quite some time, but I rarely have time to sit and watch the grill or oven for 2 and 1/2 hours until it's done. So, I decided to cook it in the crockpot.

Crockpot Chicken

whole chicken (mine was just over 6 pounds), spray with a little olive oil (less than a tbsp)and put in the crock pot, sprinkle with your favorite seasonings (I used chicken rub, salt, pepper, fresh sage, fresh thyme and fresh rosemary). **It does not need any liquids, it will create its own juices). I cooked mine on low for 6 hours, then turned it to warm. It was falling off te bone we went to eat it, so moist and tender and full of flavor. I made the juices into a yummy gravy by thickening it with corn starch.

I highly recommend this low calorie, slow cooked meal.

No comments: